lunes, 17 de febrero de 2020

INNOVATIVE TEACHING PRACTICES SUPPORTED BY THE FOCUSED USE OF ITC TOOLS IN THE LANGUAGE CLASSROOM



ReflectIion on Reading Habits:

TASK.2.2

All the pictures show people reading in very different situations.


In the first picture we can see a group of people reading in a  library. I guess they are reading in that place for academic or profesional purposes and they chose that place as they require concentration and can enjoy a quiet and peaceful atmosphere  with all types of books available around.

In the second  image I see and old lady and little girl.It looks an old pic.The lady is pointing something in the book calling the girl’s attention. Probably she is explaining her something related to the image and the girl seems to be enjoying; if we take into account her level of attention.It makes me feel great to realize that adults ( probably a relative in this picture) and not teachers introduce children into the pleasure for reading.

In the third picture I see an old lady reading on an e-book or i-pad, a modern way to read quite extended nowadays as it allows to store a great amount of texts and books and easy to transport anywhere.Perhaps the woman enjoys more reading using this modern format as it let you make words bigger what is perfect for sight problems at certain age.The image reflects that new techonology and innovation is not just something for  young people .

In the fourth picture I can see a classroom where all the students are reading the same book.This image is quite shocking for me as those young students look very concentrated reading in silence and as far as I am concerned  Spanish students tend to be noisier and prefer more dynamic activities.I think it is quite difficult for teachers to make students read in the classroom in an individual way for more than 5 minutes.Sure they aren’t reading for pleasure and they have been given a reading task by the teacher in a history or literature lesson. Though weird, they look well behaved and concentrated but not really enjoying and feeling forced to do it so as not disobey the teacher.

In the last picture there is a  man reading a newspaper in the street. He seems to be focused on his reading but sitting on a chair in a not very comfortable position.Maybe he works around and h is taking a rest from work  to relax out He is probably reading a newspaper to be informed of what is happening all over the world.

I LOVE READING but I do it now that I am adult, FREE  to decide on WHEN and WHAT I read .Because of my studies, I was required  to read a lot  in the past for  university projects, exams, fulfilling academic and professional purposes,etc….what didn’t let me  too much time to read for pleasure. I personally think that reading becomes  a hobby and even a must in your life when the motivation  for reading comes from your own decision and not from any source of pressure or compulsion .It is also true that parents and teachers help to develop the habit when we are young but at the end of the day it is you who decide what makes you feel good .Nowadays  reading is one of my favorite hobbies. It makes me feel good and forget about my daily routine. I enjoy mystery ,romantic and historical books and I love  thrillers. I prefer reading paper books and in the English language, unless the author of the book I want to read is Spanish or the book is written in Spanish.I read the same genres in both languages However,I always take my tablet when I travel because it is easier to carry and you can have any book you want to read.I always read at night before I go to sleep (it is the most peaceful moment of my day)  and also at the weekend when no plans makes me opt for the plan of reading.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario